When you make the decision to enter treatment, expect to experience change. LFC works with your unique situation to help restore life, find peace and contentment, and face life with courage. Our drug and alcohol program is built on the foundations of the 12 step model used by Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous groups. The promises of recovery can be found in the Big Book, a resource used to provide guidance and inspiration during the healing process.
1. If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through.
2. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
3. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.
5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
8. Self seeking will slip away.
9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us – sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them. Our drug and alcohol recovery program is based on the 12-step model. More information about these concepts can be discussed upon beginning treatment with us.
Taken from the Big Book, p.83-84.
Find UsThe Lancaster Freedom Center
436 North Lime Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
tel: 717.397.9118; fax: 717.397.3514
The PromisesWhen you make the decision to enter treatment, expect to experience change. LFC works with your unique situation to help restore life, find peace and contentment, and face life with courage...
Help for AdolescentsFace the reality of adolescent drug and alcohol abuse in Lancaster County. LFC is currently working to provide services for the unique needs of teenagers suffering...