Not this community!… Not our family!… Not my child!
Face the reality of adolescent drug and alcohol abuse in Lancaster County. The Lancaster Freedom Center is
The Facts About Adolescent Substance Use
No parent wants to deal with the reality that his/her child may be abusing drugs or alcohol. Some parents may
According to the 2007 PA Youth Survey conducted by the PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the use of drugs
Use of Opiates
One of the most alarming problems now surfacing in Lancaster County with adolescents is the use of narcotics
Why You Need To Know
Listed below are some signs and symptoms of substance use/abuse. A person using substances does not necessarily
- Talks positively about chemical use
- Erratic, unpredictable behavior; moody, behavior problems
- Manner of dress has changed significantly
- Suspected of vandalism or stealing
- Constant disciplinary concerns in school and at home
- Marked change in health status (weight loss or sleep problems)
- Deteriorating performance in school
- Change in friends; waning interest in previously enjoyed social activities or sports
- Neglected appearance/hygiene; poor self image
- Withdrawal from the family; secretive activities
It is important to understand that these symptoms could be indicators of problems other than drug and alcohol
What You Need To Do
Most importantly, communicate with your child about your concerns. You will probably be met with
Become educated. Get as much information as possible. The Lancaster Council on Alcoholism and Drug
Get help. Have your child evaluated by knowledgeable and experienced professionals.
Find UsThe Lancaster Freedom Center
436 North Lime Street, Lancaster, PA 17602
tel: 717.397.9118; fax: 717.397.3514
The PromisesWhen you make the decision to enter treatment, expect to experience change. LFC works with your unique situation to help restore life, find peace and contentment, and face life with courage...
Help for AdolescentsFace the reality of adolescent drug and alcohol abuse in Lancaster County. LFC is currently working to provide services for the unique needs of teenagers suffering...